3M™ VHB™ Tapes
3M™ VHB™ Tapes
3M™ VHB™ tapes can improve designs by replacing screws, rivets, and welds. They were first used to bond panels to the frames of ambulances. There are over 85 different VHB tape products. The Thomco team will help you identify the right product for your substrate, conditions and needs.
3M VHB tapes provide you with five important benefits:
- Strength – VHB tapes have viscoelasticity, allowing them to absorb high amounts of stress and energy. For example, in a building panel wind load test, VHB tapes passed in up to 220 mph winds
- Appearance – They are a virtually invisible fastener that keeps surfaces clean and smooth. With VHB tapes, you have more room for graphics, enhancing designs – WATCH SCOOTER VIDEO
- Productivity – There is no preparation, other than ensuring you have a clean surface. You can apply now, and final assemble later. Plus, Thomco can cut to length or die-cut for faster assembly
- Sealing – Creates a water-tight seal. VHB tape’s closed-cell chemistry is proven to withstand extreme environments
- Durability – 40 years of success, and tested on ambulances, buses, buildings, and airplanes
3M™ VHB™ Tape LSE Series
The 3M™ VHB™ Tape LSE Series offers fast, easy, and reliable bonding solutions for LSE substrates like Polypropylene (PP), Thermoplastic Olefins (TPO), and Thermoplastic Elastomers (TPE), as well as composite materials like glass-reinforced plastic (GRP) or fiber reinforced plastic (FRP).
To minimize assembly time, Thomco can deliver VHB Tapes to fit your specifications for shape or size. Our custom converting solutions include:
- Tape slit to custom widths
- Custom die-cuts
- Tabbed tape and liner removal
- Available in three thicknesses: 0.6mm, 1.1mm, and 1.6mm.
- Double-coated acrylic foam tape
- 100% closed cell acrylic foam
- Multi material bonding for high, medium or low surface energy substrates including many metals (e.g. stainless steel), composites and plastics
- Enables bonding of many LSE substrates without primer
- Good low-temperature tack
- Soft foam enables stress relaxation & an easy application
- High initial tack
- For indoor and outdoor applications
Why Choose 3M™ VHB™ Tape LSE Series
3M™ VHB™ Tape LSE Series provides significant advantages over other assembly methods for bonding LSE materials.
|Immediate handling strength for faster assembly||Bond non-compatible materials or delicate substrates||Bond dissimilar materials or delicate substrates|
|No messy bond lines||Overcome challenging part geometry||Clean aesthetics|
|No crazing or cracking of substrates||No upfront investment in ultrasonic welding equipment||Recue bulk of final assembly|